1. Why COMPUTER SCIENCE? 為什麼要學習電腦科學？
We are living in a world with digital technology, from banking, medicine, entertainment to retail. While our students know how to use it, they rarely learn how it works. Computer science is an integral component of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). To be prepared for the 21st century, students must understand the principles and practices of computer science in order to innovate, succeed and thrive.
從銀行，醫藥，娛樂以至零售行業，我們生活在被科技包圍的世界。學生們學習如何使用不同的科技，然而他們很少了解那些科技是如何運作的。電腦科學是STEM (數理科技- 科學，技術，工程和數學）的一個重要部分。為準備21世紀的挑戰，學生必須了解電腦科學的原理和實踐，以繼續創新並取得成功。
2. WHAT IS COMPUTER SCIENCE CHALLENGE? 什麼是電腦科學大挑戰？
CS Challenge offers a unique opportunity for students to learn computer science through eSports-like game-playing and computer programming. And our brilliantly-designed challenges secretly teach you the basics of computer science and enhance your STEM learning. It’s a fun and yet challenging event!
3. What are the eligibility requirements for entering the challenge? 報名資格是什麼？
We welcome any full-time students from secondary schools to join our challenge. A team of two students is eligible to enter into the contest. Each school is allowed to enter
one team two teams.
4. When is the deadline for registration? 什麼時候是報名截止日期？
12noon 6th April, 2018 (Friday) 12noon 18th April, 2018 (Wednesday) 2018年4月6日（五）正午12時 2018年4月18日（三）正午12時
5. What are the tasks? How do we prepare for these tasks?大挑戰有什麼任務？ 我們如何準備這些任務？
There are three tasks in this 2018 challenge.
1. Algebra Game Challenge
Description: Train mental arithmetic and mathematical logic thinking skills. An added bonus is getting better at math class!
Preparation: Practice the Algebra Game at www.algebragamification.com and Like Us on our Facebook Page!
2. Bridg-It! AI Game Challenge
Description: Human vs AI! Who shall win? Strategic Game Plus Trivia!
Preparation: Understand computer science concepts such as basic discrete mathematics like graph theory by downloading the Bridg-It! game at mobile app stores.
3. Robot A-maze-ing Challenge
Description: Program a robot to navigate a maze.
Preparation: Get familiar with C programming language. The task consists of three single-function coding questions involving computer science concepts such as recursion and calculation. You can practice C programming on freely-available platforms such as Jdoodle or CodeChef.
2. Bridg-It! 人工智能遊戲挑戰
6. Do we need to bring our personal computers/mobile devices along on the day of the challenge?比賽當日，我們是否需要帶我們的個人電腦/流動設備嗎？
Yes, you need. Please bring a personal notebook with Microsoft Windows / Apple Mac operating system per team and this computer should be pre-installed with Arduino IDE and MakeBlock Library that you can study from official tutorial. We will provide all the other required equipment!
7. What’s the workshop about? Who are the target audience?工作坊是關於什麼的？誰是目標受眾？
The aim of the workshop is to provide more information to the participants to prepare them for the challenge, from rules and regulations to details of the three tasks.
Teachers and students are welcome to join the workshop.
8. Do we need to bring our personal computers/mobile devices along on the day of the workshop?工作坊當日，我們需要帶備個人電腦/流動設備？
It is not necessary. We will provide all the required equipment.
9. Can our school teachers and parents come along on the day of the challenge?比賽當日，我們學校老師和家長可以一起出席嗎？
Absolutely yes! We welcome your school teachers and parents to be cheerleaders for your team as your team “battles” courageously at CityU.